Monday, May 17, 2010

Giant fur one-sie


Thanks the director of photography's mom's sewing room, I whipped up the Yowie in a couple of hours. I have to spend some time picking the fur out of the seams so they aren't so obvious, but everyone is pleased with the out come, and boyfriend says he's going to wear it for Halloween, and possibly as pyjamas on cold nights :p

The assembly went very smoothly, nothing interesting to report. There were two adorable dachshunds who kept me company while I put it together, and wanted to sleep on the fur.

I pieced together the hood, and didn't realize til after I had cut it out that the side panels have the nap going up like the body, and the top piece goes down. That's what happens when I rush. I didn't have a lot of options - all the scrap yowie bits fit in a grocery bag, and none of them are very large. I want to sort out a collar to attach to the hood still, and spat-ish foot coverings. Its going to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment