Sunday, May 23, 2010

Boring post

Well, I survived 25 hours off travel, and I'm now back in Vancouver. No interesting sewing will be happening for a few days, but I will be stocking up on supplies for some project I want to work on over the summer, and trying to convince my (former) teacher that she should loan me a dress form for the summer.

An 18th century pair of stays (part of a larger project, eventually), a non-specific boned bodice and skirt for a princess costume, felt fruits, veg, and other play food, a Jedi robe, ..., ..., are all on my to-do list for the summer. Stay tuned! I have my eye on some gorgeous silk noil for the outer layer of my stays, which would theoretically become part of a Queen of Hearts costume based on a polonaise dress. (I worked at a fabric store before I went away, and am hoping they still have the fabric I am refering to. Also, this really fun floral print that I want to make high-waisted sailor front shorts out of.)

No comments:

Post a Comment