Saturday, June 5, 2010

Crazy slowly going am I...

I'm hallucinating a pattern. I swear there was a main stream (Butterick/Simplicity etc) pattern for a late Victorian bustle dress, that pictured a woman in a pink dress on the envelope. I think she may've had her foot up, possibly on the running board of an old timey car, but I also might be confusing it with the pattern that is out there for 'driving jackets'. The dress in the picture looked fairly poorly made, and the pattern over-simplified, which is why I never bought it, but now I am wishing for it because I want a pattern to manipulate into something I want. Can't find hide nor hair of it on the internet, in or out of print, so I guess I must be crazy.


I want to make the 'jacket' of this dress, and I want a pattern to start me off for the bodice. I'm fairly confident that I can drape the skirt, but not confident in my ability to drape/draft the bodice. Much more sure of my ability to manipulate an existing pattern. I will find another pattern to work off of, but its bugging me that I can 'see' the pattern I want so clearly in my mind's eye, and not find it anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment