Thursday, June 3, 2010

Stays...

I was going through my box of patterns, and came across a discontinued Butterick pattern that I must've grabbed from the discard box in my Fabricland days. The pattern envelope does not date the stays, but the inclusion of panniers and some googling confirm that its probably late 18th century. I don't want front lacings, but I imagine that that would be a fairly straight forward alteration.


What concerns me is I can't find many reviews about it online. And I'm not sure enough to start cutting up my silk noil for something that's less then accurate.

P.S. Is it more accurate to stitch your boning casings through all 4 layers, having visible casings, or to only stitch the casings through the two foundation layers, or foundation layers and lining?

No comments:

Post a Comment