Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Procrastination makes it happen...

Sooooo...I bought my zip ties. And then I got to thinking that wouldn't it be fun if my mock-up was wearable. That maybe I'd take out the zip ties after I fit it and do cord boning to see what that was like. So then I decided I should dye the factory cotton before I cut it so that its pretty. And I haven't gotten around to that yet, so I haven't gotten around to mocking up.

I think too much. I am also thinking about doing a front lacing set of stays IN ADDITION to the stays without front laces. I found a cute calico-ish print in my stash that I want to use as the outer layer.

Also, I want to make a corded petticoat for a Halloween costume that I made last year for a friend. She doesn't like hoops, but the skirt needs something more to support it.

Also I found the fabric I want to line my now-reversible stays in. Sadly, it is currently on back-order, and probably won't be available until July 1st, so I'm waiting on my entire fabric.com order until then so I can have it all shipped in one package, because I live close to the border, so I can get it shipped to this shipping/recieving place in the U.S., thereby taking advantage of the website's free shipping offer. *Deep breath* Isn't it gorgeous? I can't wait. However, the fabric.com order includes the fabric for the corded petticoat.

So. I have plans to search out dye tomorrow (I *had* some, but I don't know if its in storage here in my parent's garage, or if I left it with a friend in Vancouver) and dye a chunk of factory cotton for stay-mocking.

And I'm making a purse. A non-costumey hobo bag with a free pattern from Hot Patterns. Its cow print, which is perfect for me because cows are sort of my totem animal. I cut everything out on Sunday, and I purchased a zipper and thread yesterday. I am always out of black thread. Hopefully I will get it sewn together tomorrow. Assuming I can find my camera (which has been MIA since my last post) I will post a picture of it when it is done. And my dying. (dyeing?)

No comments:

Post a Comment